Welcome to Community First Yorkshire
Community First Yorkshire is a new organisation formed from two well-established charities – Rural Action Yorkshire (RAY) and the North Yorkshire & York Forum (NYYF). Together, RAY and NYYF have been supporting communities and local organisations across North, South and West Yorkshire since 1937.
We provide practical support to voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises. Our aim is to help your organisation or group achieve its goals and better support your beneficiaries or residents.
How can we help?
Our support includes:
- Advice on running your organisation or group
- Support for community building committees and parish councils
- Help to engage with your community
- Training and resources
- Funding information
- Representing the voluntary and community sector
- Ensuring a rural voice for Yorkshire at a local, regional and national level
- Enhanced charged for services including DBS checks, employment advice, community led planning and community consultation
This website aims to give you a flavour of our varied work and the support we offer. As the new organisation develops and new services become available, information will be provided here so please keep in touch.
You can sign up to receive our news updates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.