Hours: 16 hours per week. (Potential to increase in the future)
Pay: £19,393 pro-rata based on a 35 hour week
This post is eligible for an Enhanced with Barred List DBS check
Just the Job supports adults with a mix of abilities in meaningful activities, skills training and social activities. We are looking to employ someone to supervise our underutilised horticultural site, working alongside dedicated volunteers and our Work Team Members. We currently grow a limited range of vegetables, fruit and plants. We would like to increase production and grow a wider range of plants including bedding plants and perennials whilst also providing a safe and supportive working environment.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- In conjunction with the Manager and Board of Trustees develop our 3.5 acres site to provide a range of horticultural work for our Work Team Members and to maximise the potential of the site year round and explore new sales opportunities.
- Support Work Team Members with tasks at the gardens and direct volunteers in what tasks need to be done.
- Keep an updated plan of work for others to follow when you are not at work.
- Work closely with other supervisors using the site for our other projects.
- Maintain high standards of Health & Safety.
- A sound knowledge and experience of growing organic produce and plants.
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification in horticulture with practical experience.
- Experience of growing in poly tunnels.
- A flair and imagination for using growing space.
- Interest in working alongside vulnerable people with a wide range of abilities.
- Have patience and empathy for individuals.
- Be willing to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Be able to maintain a safe working environment and adhere to Just the Job policy requirements including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities.
- Clean driving licence required.
- Possess good organisational skills.
- Level 3 qualification in horticulture.
- An interest in nature conservation and the environment.
- Ability to maintain machinery and tools.
- Experience of working in a care setting.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
For informal enquiries please contact Steve on 01748 822815
Applications: via C.V to Steve Biggs, Just the Job,Unit 30 Racecourse Road, Richmond North Yorkshire DL10 4TG
Closing Date: 27th October 2017 Interviews: Week commencing 13th November 2017
Start Date: 8th January 2018
Company No 05542689 Charity Number 114249