Role: Publicity Officer
Organisation: Barlby Library
Hours: Varies – 1-2 hours per week on average
Role Description: Barlby Library is run entirely by volunteers, with the financial support of Barlby Town Council and in partnership with North Yorkshire Libraries. The Barlby Library Volunteers group consists of around two dozen friendly and committed people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Publicity Officer’s role is vital to the library’s success, in attracting and maintaining increased use of the library’s services. The main responsibilities are:
- Design and production of publicity material (hard copy and IT) to advertise the library’s existence, to encourage people to use it and to advertise specific functions and events
- Membership of the Management Committee (4 members), and attendance at its monthly meetings.
- Share ideas and plans for discussion with committee members
Although previous experience in this field would be an advantage it is not essential. Above all, the post-holder should be:
- competent in use of IT
- able to work harmoniously with others
Training in the work and operation of the library will be provided. The Publicity Officer may, if he/she wishes, perform librarian duties with the other volunteers.
Location: Barlby Library & Community Hub, Howden Rd, Barlby, YO8 5JE
To apply: Richard Wailling, Chair, Barlby Library Volunteers:
- By letter to Barlby Library & Community Hub, Howden Road, Barlby, Selby, YO8 5JE
- tel 07880 856944
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do get in touch if you would like to find out more about this opportunity before deciding
Closing Date: No fixed deadline