Coronavirus: funding and financial help
Charities and businesses may be anxious about finances and funding at this time, as well as the worry for individuals. Here we have some of the funds and advice available to help.
This page will be updated regularly so keep checking in for the latest information.
Don’t forget, you can sign up for our monthly Funding Bulletin which has a roundup of funds and awards available. Find out more here.
Page updated 25 June 5:45pm
Advice and information
- The Money Advice Service offers guidance and an action plan to help you manage your finances at this time.
- The government have announced a package of support to public services, businesses and people through this difficult time. This includes a rates holiday for village halls. You can find details here.
- ACRE have confirmed that the ‘Expanded Retail Discount Relief’ announced by the government includes charitable halls and Community Amateur Sports clubs (CASCs), meaning they should receive 100% rate relief this year. Read the guidance here.
- NCVO have a useful guide for people self-isolating on how to use money safely at this time.
- The Post Office are making access to their cash products faster to help those who are self-isolating.
- The National Lottery have issued a statement about how they will be issuing funding.
- The Charity Commission updated their coronavirus guidance on 24 March to include financial advice.
- Good Finance provides funder updates, articles, programmes and schemes supporting charities and social enterprises with financial resilience.
- The government have updated guidance on managing financial difficulties in your charity caused by coronavirus.
- For business support sign up to the York & North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership’s briefings.
- For webinars and digital resources to help you apply for funding, visit our Community Gateway.
- BDO, an accountancy and business advisory firm, has information and advice on business continuity and financial support