Role: Side by Side volunteer
Organisation: Alzheimer’s Society
Role Description: Why we need you:
As a Side by Side volunteer you will enable people living with Dementia to keep doing the things they love, help people to stay connected in their communities and build the confidence of individuals to stay active and engaged in social and recreational activities.
What you’ll be doing:
* Participating in activities you share an interest in with a person with dementia to help them to keep doing the things they love – or pick up new ones!
* To give advice to people living with dementia and signpost them to services to enable them to live well
* Assisting and supporting people living with dementia
* Communicating regularly with the coordinator and/or lead volunteers
This role will suit you if you:
* Want to support, enable and empower people with dementia
* Are a good verbal communicator with great listening skills, especially face to face
* Are happy volunteering on your own and keeping in touch with your team
* Can provide a committed, flexible approach and who is willing to learn
Location: All across Airedale, Craven and Wharfedale.
To apply: contact – Kate Woodfield
Tel. No. 07889603919
Closing Date: ongoing