- This event has passed.
Knaresborough: How to write a good funding application for Awards for All
December 7, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Big Lottery Fund Awards for All has reviewed and refreshed its guidance and application form. The good news is they have streamlined the process, made it easier and are particularly keen to encourage more applications from smaller organisations.
In this workshop we will explore and discuss the new Awards for All guidance and application form and will work through the essential elements in preparing a successful bid.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand key words (jargon) in the Awards for All guidance document.
- Understand how to demonstrate beneficiary/stakeholder involvement and influence in your project.
- Understand how to express clearly what you want funded.
- Understand how to demonstrate your project meets at least one of the Awards for All three funding priorities.
- Be able to convey convincingly how you will spread the word about your project and encourage involvement of new beneficiaries
- Be able to convey how you will learn from your project and how this learning will shape future projects.
- Prepare and present the project budget.
- Be able to write an application that tells a concise and attractive ‘story’.
This participative workshop is aimed at volunteers, staff and trustees who are either new to Big Lottery funding applications or have previously applied and been unsuccessful.
The training will be delivered by Nina Muir, Support & Development Officer at Community First Yorkshire. Nina is a qualified trainer and has extensive experience of supporting and writing successful grant funding applications to Big Lottery Awards for All.
Cost: £25.81 (includes Eventbrite booking fee)
PLEASE NOTE: We are pleased to be able to offer this training free of charge to groups in North Yorkshire with an annual turnover of less than £5,000. To secure your place please pay by cheque in advance: £24 per person (this is minus the fee to pay on Eventbrite). Cheques should be payable to ‘Community First Yorkshire Ltd’. Your cheque will be returned to you when you attend the event.
Book your place on Eventbrite here.
For queries about the workshop please contact Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries about booking please contact email@example.com, t: 01904 704 177
Light refreshment will be provided and you will also receive a training pack.
PLEASE NOTE: The Staincliffe Suite is one of the meeting rooms at the Craven District Council offices at Belle Vue Square.