- This event has passed.
Harrogate: Governance Training – Being the Best Trustee
October 15, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
A strong board is one of the hallmarks of an effective charity. But how do you get from good to great, or from “survival to success”? This workshop builds on trustee basics to help organisations move towards greater strategic impact.
The interactive session focuses on the role in practice, for example looking at preparing for board meetings, understanding governance, managing risk, and how to make the most of the skills in your trustee team. This event is designed to support your development beyond the basics of being on a board.
Who should attend?
This training session is for:
- Trustees keen to take the next step in performance
- Trustees wanting to take on more board responsibility
- Experienced trustees wanting a refresher
What will I learn?
- Understanding your legal duty
- How to manage risk
- Making the most of board members’ talents
- How to make board meetings fruitful rather than futile
- How to make the split between management and governance work
- Considered priorities for your own development and support
- This will also be an opportunity to network with other trustees.
The training will be delivered by Shahida Iqbal of Yorkshire-based Manar Associates. Shahida has extensive experience of supporting charities to work through governance issues.
This event is free to organisations in North Yorkshire with an income of up to £5K thanks to funding from North Yorkshire County Council.
Otherwise, places are £24 each (£20 + VAT).
The course price includes refreshments and a resource pack.
Payment is by debit card, BACS or cheque. Cancellation terms: 7 days prior to the event.
We look forward to seeing you at the event.
Training location and parking
There is a paid-for car-park at the junction of East Parade and Park View. Up to four hours will cost £2.80. Harrogate Station is a 10-minute walk from the venue.
Please book you place here.
If you have any questions about this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org