- This event has passed.
Harrogate: Inclusion Conference – Let’s Communicate Together 2018
June 22, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This FREE event celebrates the joint working practice of North Yorkshire Parent and Carer Forum and the Inclusion Service to support children and young people with SEND, their families, and schools or settings.
Keynote speakers include:
Jean Gross CBE and former national Communication Champion, Anna Branagan of Word Aware, and young people.
Stuart Carlton,Corporate Director, children and young people service, North Yorkshire County Council.
Helen Seth, Chair of NYPACT.
Juliet Wright, a young persons perspective.
To see Powerpoint slides from the speeches, see below:
- ‘Too loud, too itchy, too busy’: understanding sensory processing from a child’s perspective
- Word Aware: a structured approach to teaching vocabulary in the classroom, working in partnership with parents
- What to do when they say ‘No!’: Strategies and techniques for helping children with pervasive demand anxiety
- An Introduction to Play Therapy
- Always work with children & animals: Outdoor learning and communication – how working with animals and the outdoor environment enhances communication and learning.
- Stepping Stones: useful strategies to help bridge the communication gap.
- Jump into a story: looking at ways to help children develop their language and communication through role play and storytelling techniques.
- Co-ordinated approaches to SLCN
- Help! What can I do? : intervention for working with children and young people with autism
- Matryoshki: getting below the surface to identify the hidden language and communication needs of children
- Why Makaton?: a brief introduction to the Makaton Language Programme
- Post-16: Raising aspirations and developing employment pathways
- Early Years Musical Interaction for practitioners and parents/carers: explore ways of developing early communication and interaction skills via fun, inclusive musical activities.
- An audience with Luna the therapy dog.There will also be opportunity to browse information stands and to experience the delight of The Forest School signing choir.
More details and booking here.