- This event has passed.
Malton: Trustee Responsibilities
December 5, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
If you want to become more effective and help your organisation to get even better at what it does, then this is the event for you!
In this workshop we will explore how trustees work with paid staff, volunteers, service users, members and other stakeholders to make sure your organisation is run effectively and meets the needs for which it was set up.
This event will give a good overview of the roles and responsibilities of committee members of charitable organisations
Who should attend?
This training is designed for trustees, chief executives, directors and key decision makers. The course price includes refreshments. All attendees will leave with a resource pack containing practical tools to help increase the effectiveness of your group.
What will I learn?
You will be able to:
- understand the term ‘governance’ and the key principles of good governance
- understand the terms ‘trustee, director and management committee’
- have a basic understanding of voluntary and community sector legal structures
- know the barriers to ensuring good governance
- know how to improve governance
- understand trustee duties and responsibilities
This event is free to organisations in Ryedale and organisations elsewhere in North Yorkshire with an annual income of up to £5K thanks to funding from Ryedale District Council and North Yorkshire County Council.
The cost for other organisations is £24 (£20 + VAT).
Please book your place here.
For any questions about this training please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 704177