Nominations are open for Hambleton Community Awards. Friends, family and work colleagues are being asked to put forward ‘community champions’ who they think deserve recognition for making a difference. The district council led awards recognise projects or activities by individuals, groups or organisations that took place or completed in 2017 and which have had a positive impact on people’s lives.
Nominations are open in ten categories:
- Service to Young People Award: for groups or individuals that have made a significant positive impact in young people’s lives above and beyond the call of duty
- Service to Older People Award: for groups or individuals that have made a significant positive impact in older people’s lives above and beyond the call of duty
- Parish Council of the Year: for Parish Councils, Town Councils or Parish Meetings that have gone above and beyond the call of duty to serve its community
- Community Group of the Year: for voluntary or community groups that have excelled in its service to users, this award is for on-going day to day activity not for a one-off project.
- The Peter Davison Community Champion of the Year: for an individual who is a shining light in a community, who has gone that extra mile and shows an exceptional commitment to their community.
- Young Volunteer of the Year: for individuals under 25 who have made a difference to other people’s lives.
- Community Hall of the Year: for a community facility that delivers outstanding service to its user groups.
- Community Event of the Year: for a one off community event that has taken place on a not for profit basis in 2017 which must have been accessible and inclusive.
- Service to Disability Award: for groups or individuals that have made a significant positive impact in the lives of people with a disability above and beyond the call of duty
- Volunteer of the Year: for an individual that has made an outstanding contribution to their local community.
Any individual, group or organisation (public, private or voluntary sector) can make a nomination. Forms are available online at https://www.hambleton.gov.uk/info/20065/community_action/131/community_awards, from any Hambleton District Council leisure centre or from the council offices in Northallerton, Easingwold or Stokesley.
The closing date for nominations is January 5 2018.
For further information email Kate Staines or call her on 01609 767203.