Leeds Mind is a progressive mental health organisation that supports people experiencing mental health difficulties to flourish. We are committed to developing services that are sensitive to individual need and of measurable benefit to users. Inkwell offers creative activities to assist in the development of skills for individuals with mental health issues. This is done through short courses and open classes.
You will be the first point of contact for general enquiries, Inkwell finance, room bookings and creative activities. You will provide fantastic customer service, supporting the existing team with excellent organisational, financial and IT skills.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Fantastic communication and customer care skills
- Experience of utilising databases, collating, analysing & presenting data
- Experience of working with financial systems and controls
- Ability to administer a petty cash system
- Experience of Information management including updating websites
- Proficient in the use of a wide range of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
Hours – 30 Hours per week
Scale – NJC Scale 4, Point 7-11
Salary – £19,554- £21,166 pro rata
Contract – Permanent
Closing Date: 9am, Thursday 19th December 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 9th January 2019
The role is based at Inkwell Arts, Potternewton Lane, LS7 3LW
Application forms and further details can be obtained by going to our website at www.leedsmind.org.uk
For an informal discussion about these posts prior to applying please Tel: 0113 3070108 and ask to speak to the Project Lead Mark Cruse
Leeds Mind is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and the successful applicant will be asked to apply (through Leeds Mind) for an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a Right to Work in the UK check.
Leeds Mind is an Equal Opportunities employer
Reg charity number: 1007625