Leeds Mind is the city’s leading mental health charity with a turnover of approximately £3m each year. The Business Development team is at an exciting point in its growth and this new role will be pivotal in supporting the team, valuing our donors and clients and underpinning our income generation operation.
Leeds Mind has been funded by Leeds Community Foundation (working in partnership with Leeds City Council) to provide local third sector community initiatives aimed at men who are at high risk of suicide. The project aims to support social activities for men determined by local men themselves, and to provide outreach work with targeted communities to reduce social isolation and help to lower the risk of suicide within targeted groups. The focus of this programme is on areas of need where activities for socially isolated men are lacking. The targeted areas are communities with the highest suicide rates involving socially isolated men.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Develop and maintain links with the local community, potential partners, key services and community groups
- Engage communities, men, in raising awareness of suicide and identification of early warning signs of suicide
- Offer Peer support to men who may be or have experienced thoughts or feelings of suicide offering emotional support and information.
- Develop and offer a range of groups such as skills courses, social groups, men’s group, monthly drop ins, events
- Increase public awareness of suicide and identification of early warning signs
Hours – 22.5 hours per week
Scale – NJC Scale 5 point 12-17
Salary – £21,589-£23,836 pro rata
Contract – Fixed Term (tbc)
Closing Date: 9am, Wednesday 18th December 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 7th January 2020
The role is based at Clarence House, Clarence Road, LS18 4LB.
Application forms and further details can be obtained by going to our website at www.leedsmind.org.uk
For an informal discussion about these posts prior to applying please Tel: 0113 30055800 and speak to Roz Doherty
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a right to work in the UK check. Leeds Mind is an Equal Opportunities employer
Reg charity number: 1007625