35 hours per week – £28k per annum – permanent
Deadline for applications: Friday 20th September
Age UK North Yorkshire and Darlington are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join its busy team. The location of the this important and challenging role is subject to negotiation between Northallerton or Darlington. Regular travel across our operating area will be an important part of the role so access to and use of your own transport is essential.
The organisation’s work and its new three year strategy focuses on supporting, enabling developing and informing people aged 50+ to lead a healthier, happier and well informed later life.
The role will report to the Chief Executive, managing multiple projects and contract delivery, line managing and supporting approximately 10 staff to achieve their targets and outcomes and ensure contracts compliance, based across our operating area which includes South Craven, Harrogate District, Hambleton, Richmonshire and Darlington. The successful applicant will have a blend of high level skills, knowledge and experience as listed below but not limited to:
- interpersonal/communication – written and verbal
- effective report writing to funders, contract customers, Board of Trustees and other stakeholders
- IT and computer literacy including effective use of MS Office
- organisational skills
- experience of working in a voluntary organisation
- working knowledge of Quality Assurance Systems
- experience of effectively managing staff and volunteers
- financial budgeting and control skills and experience for projects and contracts
- project management
- the ability to work effectively as part of multiple teams including with senior management team.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification and an application form. Those shortlisted will be invited to interview. If you do not receive an invitation to apply, please assume your enquiry has been unsuccessful.