Role: Volunteer Coordinator
Organisation: Family Fund
Hours: Anytime – flexible to fit around volunteers other commitments
Role Description: As a Fundraising Volunteer you will be supporting our work through collections, events, encouraging others to fundraise and raising awareness in your local community. Raising funds from the community can be an incredibly worthwhile and rewarding experience. Every pound raised and every minute of your time will make a difference.
By joining our volunteering team you are supporting families raising disabled and seriously ill children and young people to have the same opportunities as others.
Being a fundraising volunteer may involve:
- Placing and monitoring collection tins
- Attending and supporting fundraising events
- Welcoming visitors to events, assisting with registration where required
- Encourage others to fundraise and volunteer for Family Fund
- Talking to members of the public about Family Fund to raise awareness about our work
- Approaching and delivering presentations to local community groups (e.g. scouts, secondary schools, WI)
- Raising the profile of Family Fund in your local area.
The benefits of volunteering with us
- Opportunities to meet new people in your community
- Opportunity to develop marketing and fundraising skills
- The opportunity to contribute to Family Fund’s work to raise awareness of our services to families raising disabled children and young people
- Experience of working in the charity sector, supporting a friendly and dynamic team
- Ongoing support to help with your development.
To enable you take part in this opportunity Family Fund will provide
- Detailed induction and training, providing all the information and skills needed to fulfil the role
- A dedicated member of staff to provide ongoing support and supervision
Payment of out of pocket expenses in line with Family Fund’s Volunteer Expenses Policy.
Location: Across North Yorkshire, York, Leeds and East Riding
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. No. 01904 550020
Closing Date: ongoing