Parent Carer Voice (formerly NYPACT)
email@example.com | 01904 704177
About Parent Carer Voice
Parent Carer Voice is the forum for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in North Yorkshire. Parent Carer Voice’s mission is to listen and respond to the voice of family parent carers and carers of children with SEND across North Yorkshire by:
- coordinating information
- enabling mutual support
- developing and facilitating co-operative and influential partnerships with the aim of improving support to families.
Parent Carer Voice passionately believes in helping families to live their lives in the way they want to live them and it aims to:
- ensure that decisions made by statutory and other partners that impact families with SEND are influenced authentically by the voice of parent carers and their families.
- empower parents and carers to be able to confidently self-represent and make informed choices and decisions about their family when navigating their way through services and support.
- assist with the shaping of services that reflect the real issues and needs of families with SEND through co-production, clear communication and strong partnership relationships.
- promote and facilitate a culture of understanding between parent carers and partners across North Yorkshire.
As well as engaging parents and helping them support each other through a range of workshops, forums and conferences, Parent Carer Voice also influences the development of policies and services delivered by public bodies. Parent Carer Voice is funded by North Yorkshire County Council and the Department for Education.
Can I get involved?
Parent Carer Voice is steered by a Steering Group with support from locality links and parent experts. These are all volunteers who are mainly parents and carers living in North Yorkshire. The Steering Group currently comprises the following members:
Katerina Kontogeorgou-Gilbert (Vice Chair)
Tracey D’Alessandro-Rixon (Treasurer)
There are lots of opportunities for volunteering with Parent Carer Voice. For example, you can join the Steering Group which meets regularly to discuss issues facing parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs. Applications are welcomed from parent carers and other family members, as well as those who have relevant skills and experience (including marketing, IT, accounting, business and charity governance) and a commitment to supporting families raising disabled children and those with additional needs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request further details about becoming a member of the Parent Carer Voice Steering Group.
If you want to help Parent Carer Voice support parents and carers in your area, we have vacancies for Locality Link volunteers, and we also welcome Parent Expert volunteers, who may be parents, carers and others who have specific knowledge about SEND related issues, such as particular medical conditions.
There are a number of other roles for volunteers and we are always looking for enthusiastic people to help with things like:
- Writing blogs and sharing their stories
- Attending meetings and events on behalf of Parent Carer Voice
- Promoting Parent Carer Voice to your networks
Being involved with Parent Carer Voice can take up as much or as little time as you want.
Please email email@example.com to find out more about how you can get involved.
Become a member
You can become a member of Parent Carer Voice without becoming a volunteer.
If you would like to become a member of Parent Carer Voice please visit the register here.
Once your completed form has been received, you’ll be sent more information and details about how to join the Facebook group. As a Parent Carer Voice member, you’ll also receive regular updates about important information and events relevant to carers and families of children with SEND.