Role: North Yorkshire Youth Buddy Network
Organisation: North Yorkshire Youth
Hours: Flexible ( predominantly early evenings )
Role Description: The Buddy Network is a befriending project for young people across North Yorkshire.
The aim of the project is to support 14-19 yr olds by helping them to gain confidence, meet their goals and reach independence.
Referrals taken from the Prevention Service. A volunteer buddy will develop a relationship with a young person once that young person has moved on from the Prevention Service. A Buddy will meet with a young person for around 1 hour a week, or whatever contact is needed.
Together, the buddy and young person (and referring worker in some instances) will develop a befriending agreement and identify progression routes and goals. The buddy and young person will meet regularly for a period of approximately 6 months. Meetings will follow a simple framework to allow progression and reflection.
A volunteer Buddy is an additional supporter helping young people to reach their potential, rather than a replacement for a Prevention Service Worker.
· Will be trained and supported to provide the appropriate level of help and support to a young person.
· Will undergo an intensive selection process and will be offered a range of mandatory and developmental training.
· Is not the end of the road for a young person. If a young person develops additional needs or previous issues return, the young person will be referred back into The Prevention Service.
· Will be supported by a Youth Development Worker from NYY.
· Will be invited to network meetings to meet up with other buddies from across the area.
Location: Ricmondshire & Hambleton North
To apply: Richie Bastow: 07584 263 978 email@example.com
Closing Date: On going