Role: Activities volunteer / buddy
Organisation: Scarborough Survivors
Hours: 11.30am – 2pm or 2 – 4.30pm, Monday – Thursday plus cover once per month – times tbc
Role Description: The general purpose of the Activities Buddy / Volunteer is to assist with or run a meaningful activity for members on a regular basis (e.g. once per week). The resource centre has craft materials, a music room with guitars, keyboards and drums, IT facilities etc.
- To encourage members to join in with the daily activity
- To lead the activity as appropriate
- To devise alternative activities as appropriate
- To engage with the members to ensure they are enjoying and learning from the activity.
- To tidy away the activity at the end of the session.
No formal education is necessary. Sufficient knowledge and ability in the activity being provided is required. As is a polite, respectful, friendly and enthusiastic personality. You must be able to maintain confidentiality and be reliable.
Location: Resource Centre, 9 Alma Square, Scarborough YO11 1JR
To apply: Christine Mackay (Centre Coordinator) – 01723 500222 (Monday – Thursday, 1130am – 4.30pm)
Closing Date: ongoing