We are an award winning charity providing support to a wide range of individuals including those with learning and/or physical disabilities, dementia or mental health issues. The post is based across both the Scarborough office and the Botton Village office. Botton is a purpose built community nestled in an idyllic valley on the Yorkshire Moors. Within this community of over 60 houses, our Shared Lives service provides support to carers and customers across the village. Due to the growth of the Shared Lives service in Scarborough and Botton, we are recruiting an additional manager to support with new referrals and on-going assessments.
What does the role involve?
- Management of a team of Shared Lives Carers, Support Carers and Volunteers.
- Day to day management of a customer case load, ensuring assessments, reviews and on-going person centred outcomes are met
- Ensuring the service is running in compliance with regulating authorities and Avalon quality assurance framework, including completion of audits of finances and medication
- Continually improving services offered by Avalon by working positively with our customers and developing good relationships with service commissioners and care managers
What you need…
- Management experience in social care and in line managing a team
- Knowledge of the Shared Lives model would be advantageous but is not essential
- The ability to interpret and apply CQC fundamental standards of quality and safety
- Excellent IT skills
- To be a car driver with use of a vehicle for business purposes
- To be able to work flexibly and participate in the out of hours on call service
What you will receive…
As an Avalon employee, you will have access to our award winning specialist training programmes to further develop your skills and knowledge, and a generous benefits package including discounts at high street retailers and gym memberships, an employee assistance scheme, a Health Cash Plan and up to 30 days leave entitlement. Appointment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate.
Visit www.avalongroup.org.uk to download the Role Profile and to apply online. For more information or an informal discussion please contact Ruth Collin on 01723 356540.
Closing Date: Monday 2 September 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews: Tuesday 10 September 2019 at the Scarborough Office.
We strive to ensure equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality or religion.