Salary: £18009 pro rata
Hours: Part time 15 – 19 hours per week, negotiable (over 4 days, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
The role is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
We are seeking an experienced, well organised, self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills to work with us in our busy Social Action Centre.
Westway Open Arms is an independent Christian Charity operating within and for the benefit of the people of Eastfield Scarborough, and offering:
- Drop-In Services & Support: social time; activities; free lunch weekly etc.;
- Debt Advice & Support: personal debt and money management;
- Client Support: advice and support for clients in crisis and difficult circumstances;
- Foodbank: Food parcels for people in crisis;
- Christian Faith & Spirituality: Prayers; Communion; Events
The work of the charity is mainly done by Volunteers, and has the support and assistance of local charities and agencies, local and borough councils, the police, and the Diocese of York (Church of England). This person will lead in encouraging and supporting our existing volunteers, and coordinating our reception and general volunteers.
The successful applicant will have a personal Christian ethos (any denomination), will ensure provision of Centre Support to enable and underpin the vital work of Services provided for clients, and will also be an integral part of the Centre team, ensuring the Centre runs smoothly on a day to day basis.
For further information about our organisation, a recruitment job description and person specification please email the Charity Director:
Revd. SamTaylor email@example.com
To apply for this position, please send for the attention of the Charity Director via email address firstname.lastname@example.org , the following:
- comprehensive CV, including information demonstrating how the applicant meets the essential criteria of the person specification.
- Covering letter
Monday 28th October, midday.
Monday morning 4th November