Responsible to: The Centre Manager
Responsible for: The provision of a range of practical support services for a diverse range of clients and the development and oversight of a team of volunteers.
Hours: 08:30-15:30 Monday-Friday
Rate: £10.00 p/h.
- To provide line management to a team of volunteers, providing practical support to centre clients
- To deputise for the Centre Manager, including attending external meetings as required
- To engage in networking with other agencies within the Scarborough area who are key in supporting the homeless and those needing social support
- To monitor centre activity and feedback to the Trustees as required
- To provide formal and informal training opportunities to a pool of client support workers
- Other general tasks to maintain the smooth running of the Centre
- To support the Centre management in the practical fulfilment of the Mission and Aims
Skills and Attributes
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience in social support and working with challenging individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an open nature
- Excellent team management and communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- A flexible attitude
Due to the nature of the organisation, and its constitution, it is imperative that the post holder is a
practising Christian who can provide a reference from their Church leader.
This post is funded until the end of May 2022 but further funding is likely.
The Rainbow Centre was established in 1997 to offer practical support to vulnerable people in the local community. The Centre supports those on the fringe of the local community and can involve working with people with a chaotic lifestyle.