Role: Volunteers- we are looking for are, archiving, researching, updating data base, writing newsletter, looking at our website and updating, fundraising.
Organisation: Scarborough Maritime Heritage Centre
Hours: 11am to 1pm and/or 1pm to 4pm, part day two or three hours or full day which is six hour one day a week, or more. We are not open on Monday or Tuesday.
- Do you want to contribute to the community?
- Do you want to learn more about maritime history in the process?
- Do you want to gain new skills?
If your answer is yes then from today you can become a volunteer with the maritime heritage centre. It is great to put on your CV!
We currently have 22 volunteers aged from 20 to 80 years old, both male and female. Most volunteer in our Centre for 2 to 3 hours a week during our opening times of 11am to 4pm, Wednesday to Sunday, all year round.
As a volunteer you can be involved in:
- Meet and greet visitors
- Scan and index our archives
- Update our website and social media pages
- Gathering research on maritime history as well as the Yorkshire and Humber area and other topics of interest
- Plan and create exhibitions
- Help with fundraising and events
- Give talks to schools and community groups
To apply: Lindy Rowley, on 01723 369361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can stop by at the maritime heritage centre to drop in your CV
Closing Date: ongoing