Role: IT Support at Home volunteer
Role Description: AbilityNet’s ITCanHelp Service has a network of disclosure checked volunteers who offer free computer assistance to disabled and older people in their own homes. Clients may have a problem with viruses, need some help installing broadband or be confused about updates or error messages.
We are seeking additional friendly, trustworthy volunteers to join our existing team who are willing to help in all sorts of ways, including:
- advising on equipment for particular needs
- helping install and set up software packages, adjusting accessibility options for maximum ease-of-use
- diagnosing problems, whether due to malfunctions, viruses or software updates
- assisting Clients in getting to grips with new technology over a few sessions
- proposing how Clients might use their computer or mobile technology to improve social inclusion.
Whilst training is not the prime purpose of the role, most requests will involve an element of training Clients in using new technology and a degree of patience and adaptability is required.
Location: Vacancies across North Yorkshire, but there is an urgent need in the Scarborough, Whitby, Filey areas
To apply: David Power
Tel. No. 01423 870705
Closing Date: ongoing