Organisation: Guide Dogs
Hours: Flexible to suit
Description of role:• Provide sighted guide assistance on a regular basis to people living with sight loss to help them achieve their goals (commonly weekly)
• The lengths of partnerships vary, from 6 weeks to 12months+, your availability will be matched with a suitable customer
• Undertake all elements of My Guide training (approximately 2 days)
• Support access to local services and facilities in their local community
• Provide regular feedback on progress and any issues that arise to your line manager
• Provide the My Guide role at agreed times/location based on the mutually agreed activity plan
• Maintaining professional boundaries and adhering to safeguarding procedures
What we are looking for:
Someone who is confident with writing either letters or emails.
Someone who is persuasive, lots of charities ask for support but your letter or email should convince people to go with Guide Dogs!
What skills or experience are required?
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Patience and flexibility
• Able to undertake your role safely and effectively
• Act in a non-judgemental way, without discrimination
What will I get out of it?
• Make a life-changing difference to someone in need in your community
• Opportunity to meet and interact with other Guide dogs’ volunteers
• An opportunity to build experience and knowledge of sight loss and develop your existing skills
• Gain skills and experience whilst doing something that you enjoy
• Build experience and skills while growing your confidence
• Meet people, have fun and be part of your community
• Help a charity do more while you learn what you are good at
• Become a valued and integral part of the Guide Dogs team
• Increasing the independence, dignity and wellbeing of people living with sight loss through the delivery of the My Guide service
Deadline for application: Ongoing