Organisation: Barlby Library
Hours: Varies – 1-2 hours per week on average
Role Description: The Barlby Library Volunteers group consists of around two dozen friendly and committed people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Treasurer plays a key role in the running of the library. The main responsibilities are:
- Membership of the Management Committee (4 members), and attendance at its monthly meetings, providing a brief summary of the current financial position and participating in discussion of library matters generally
- Administration of the Barlby Library Volunteers’ bank accounts and of the budgets which support the library’s operations
- Presentation of end-of-year accounts
- Administration of cash transactions (book reservations, library fines, petty cash)
- Ordering of library supplies (stationery, printer ink etc)
Previous book-keeping or accountancy experience is not vital but the candidate needs to be:
- well organised
- able to work harmoniously with others
Training will be provided, along with a hand-over from the current Treasurer who is soon to retire.
The Treasurer may, if he/she wishes, perform librarian duties with the other volunteers, but this is not mandatory.
Location: Barlby Library & Community Hub, Howden Rd, Barlby, YO8 5JE
To apply: Richard Wailling, Chair, Barlby Library Volunteers:
- By letter to Barlby Library & Community Hub, Howden Road, Barlby, Selby, YO8 5JE
- tel 07880 856944
- or email email@example.com
Please do get in touch if you would like to find out more about this opportunity before deciding.
Closing Date: no fixed deadline