Role: Volunteer Youth Worker
Organisation: North Yorkshire Youth
Hours: Tuesday 6pm-8.45pm
Role Description: To assist in the delivery of Greatwood Youth Club, Skipton which is run by NYY
- To facilitate group work, discussions, and activities with young people.
- To communicate with the Youth Mentor, Young People’s Project Workers and other volunteers and workers about programme activities.
- To supervise young people and ensure general health & safety and rules of conduct are adhered to.
- To build positive relationships with young people and listen to their concerns.
- To assist with preparation for youth activities both before and after sessions.
- To provide support to young people who choose to attend the youth project.
- To develop relationships with young people based on professional boundaries.
- Help maintain a clean and safe environment for activities to take place.
- To encourage participation in activities promoting social and emotional wellbeing.
- To provide a listening ear and offer proactive support to a young person by encouraging them to participate in their community.
- To maintain confidentiality in accordance with youth group policies.
Location: Greatwood Community Centre, Skipton, (opportunities also available in other Craven youth clubs supported by NYY)
To apply: contact Rachel Rabjohns on 07500 787621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: ongoing