Reports to: Northern Area Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours /week
Pay: £24,000 – £28,000
Location: Local Projects and home based with occasional visits to London HQ
As Regional Manager you will represent, manage and co-ordinate FoodCycle for your allocated regional Projects. Our Projects are spaces where volunteers are empowered to run their own community meals using surplus food. You will manage local relationships with supermarkets, volunteer recruitment channels and venues to enable this to happen. You will continually be looking to increase our impact by working towards targets of increased meals served to our guests, expanding our existing Projects and setting up new ones within your region. An excellent communicator, you will manage the volunteers at each Project ensuring they are trained, supported and on-message with FoodCycle strategy, ensuring that volunteers are confident enough to self-organise and make a success of their Projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Expansion and setting up of new Projects within the region
- Volunteer management and recruitment so that your Projects run safely
- Monitoring and evaluation of your Projects
- Training – volunteers on all policies and procedures to run Projects
- Communications – Manage communications with volunteers & be an advocate for FoodCycle at external meetings
- Supermarkets and Independent store relationships – to source surplus food
- Venues – build strong relationships in order to run our services
- Guest – strong guest outreach and ensuring guests feel valued and safe
- Policies and Procedures – knowledge & adherence to FoodCycle’s policies in procedures,
- Updating Salesforce – with data regarding key relationships
FoodCycle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
The role advertised is ‘Regulated Activity’ and as such is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and that all potential applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check
Applying for this role
What to send: A CV one or two sides, and a covering note explaining why you are suitable for the role.
Where to send it: Apply here
Deadline for your application: Sunday 16th May 2021- we review applications as they arrive
Safeguarding is Everyone’s business – FoodCycle is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare / wellbeing of children, young people and adults at risk. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”.
FoodCycle is a company limited by guarantee (number 7101349) and a registered charity in England and Wales (number 1134423).