You are invited to West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership Climate Change Virtual Summit, which will take place over two days on Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 October 2020 from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Over the two days we will host twelve workshops, each one will explore how as health and social care partners we can reduce the effects of climate change and prepare for its impacts. The sessions will take place at the following times around key topic areas, including those below. Please book onto as many of the workshops as you like.
Day 1 workshops:
- Sustainable primary care
- Carbon conversations “taster session”(limited places)
Day 2 workshops:
- Active travel, prescribing and travel to hospital
- Leadership in a time of climate emergency
- Reusable personal protective equipment and green innovation
Guest speakers include:
Rob Webster (West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership CEO Lead)
Robin Tuddenham (CEO, Calderdale Council and Co-Chair of the Partnership’s Improving Population Health Programme)
James Thomas (Clinical Chair, Bradford District and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group and Co-Chair of the Partnership’s Improving Population Health Programme)
By the end of the event we will have increased:
- Shared understanding of the regional ambition to become global leaders in responding to the climate emergency
- Awareness of key issues related to climate change from health and social care perspective
- Connections between people who can contribute to delivering ambition
We look forward to discussing our ambitions set out in the Better Health and Care for Everyone:Our Five Year Plan with you then.
Register for your place here.