Leeds Mind is a progressive mental health organisation that supports people experiencing mental health difficulties to flourish. We are committed to developing services that are sensitive to individual need and of measurable benefit to users.
Leeds Mind has a proven track record the delivery of peer support and is recognised both locally and nationally for work in this area. Leeds Mind has been awarded funding by WY&H Local Workforce Action Board to review and evaluate models of peer support that are being delivered within Statutory Services across the West Yorkshire and Harrogate
Brief Description of role
You will contribute to the ongoing scoping and mapping of peer support activity across the WY&H ICS.
You will shadow peer support activity across the WY&H ICS (primarily within Trusts) and gather information about peer support delivery including details of best practice, barriers/challenges and stakeholder attitudes.
You will work with your team to create a training workshop about peer support and deliver this within Trusts.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Lived (your own personal) experience of mental health difficulties
- Use of peer support in your own recovery journey
- Partnership working with external organisations working with different models.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills ·
- Good administration, record keeping and IT skills·
- Working effectively both within a team and independently
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative to plan and prioritise own workload
- Group facilitation skills
Hours – Part time (30 hours) or Part time (15 hours)
Scale – NJC Scale 5 points 12-17
Salary – £21,589 per annum (pro rata as applicable)
Contract – 5 Month Fixed Term until May 2020
Closing Date: Midday, Thursday 19th December
Interview Date: Tuesday 14th January
The post holders will work remotely across West Yorkshire and Harrogate with occasional working at Clarence House, Clarence Road, LS18 4LB.
Application forms and further details can be obtained by going to our website at www.leedsmind.org.uk
For an informal discussion about these posts prior to applying please Tel: 0113 305 5800 and speak to Carley Stubbs or Julia Stimpson
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a right to work in the UK check. Leeds Mind is an Equal Opportunities employer. Reg charity number: 1007625.