One to One Recruitment are working in partnership with Community First Yorkshire to recruit an inspirational and dedicated Chief Executive to manage the organisation and enable it to fulfil its charitable objectives.
The purpose of the role is to manage and build a high performing and motivated staff team, generate income, ensure project and service plans are successfully implemented, measure the impact of the charity’s work whilst managing external stakeholders, and, confidently representing the charity in a diversity of settings.
This coveted position involves line management of four Senior Managers and a number of other staff relating to specific projects. You will also have financial accountability for c£1m annual income generation and management.
This is a highly varied role which requires experience and skills in the following areas:
• Strategic & operational leadership – Demonstrable success in a senior leadership role is essential as you will be managing a large staff team in a diverse and complex working environment. Developing an organisation’s strategy is a large part of this role as is setting and successfully delivering on a realistic operational work plan. Your experience will ideally include having built an experienced and agile workforce that can respond quickly to changing priorities, projects and service delivery.
• External relationship building & engagement – Exemplary stakeholder, partner and funder management skills are a prerequisite for this role and experience of stakeholder management techniques will be a part of your make up. You will have a keen ability to influence decision makers with your excellent interpersonal skills and to form and maintain productive relationships with beneficiaries, colleagues and the public sector.
• New Business Development – The ability to assess and respond to opportunities is key; as is having experience of writing successful funding proposals as you will be securing a pipeline of new projects and services to ensure financial viability on an ongoing basis. You will also be developing external partnerships to work together on larger projects, securing national funding to deliver local services.
• Finance & Operations – Working alongside the Head of Finance & Administration, you will be preparing accurate, timely budgets and financial forecasts to ensure efficient management of the organisation.
• Project & Service Delivery – An important part of this role is to develop, deliver and improve detailed project and service plans; you will be highly skilled at processing large volumes of information and forming a clear stance on key issues.
The successful Chief Executive will be a strategic leader, yet an individual who doesn’t mind getting hands on with operational delivery when needed. You will have an innovative, agile, and entrepreneurial approach to developing the charity. Collaborative, inclusive, supportive and kind by nature, you will have a confident and inspiring leadership style that motivates others to do their best.
In return you will receive: An opportunity to work alongside a diverse and passionate team of people, the opportunity to work with senior figures in the local authority & health system to both influence and collaborate on system wide change to make people’s lives better.
• Salary circa £48K plus benefits package which includes pension, 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and access to corporate health plan
• Closing date for applications: 5/3/21
• One to One Recruitment screening/ initial interviews: W/C 8/3/21
• 1st interviews with Community First Yorkshire: 18/3/21
• 2nd interviews with Community First Yorkshire: 25/3/21
Please register your interest by applying with your CV to One to One Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org
This information pack gives a more detailed overview of the role and organisation.