We are pleased to be participating in the Kickstart scheme and have a new opportunity open.
We are looking for someone to work with us for 6 months as an Events Assistant.
We can help you build your experience and confidence in a varied role.
Ongoing support will be provided including a package of online learning to help prepare you for your future career.
Job Placement summary:
Events Assistant providing support to a team developing online and face-to-face training and events for the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in North Yorkshire.
- Providing administrative support for events such as online training, webinars, face-to-face training, network meetings, large online and face-to-face conferences and team meetings.
- Supporting the marketing activity related to promoting training and events.
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries related to training and events.
- Providing support on training events delivered over Zoom.
- Providing support in editing online recorded training.
- Promoting equal opportunities (in terms of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and other forms of discrimination) through all aspects of the organisation’s work.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post which may from time to time be requested in furtherance of the organisation’s aims and objectives
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
- Experience using IT packages to a high standard, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience of working unsupervised and using own initiative.
- Experience of following a brief and carrying out web-based research.
Number of hours per week: 25 hours minimum
Working pattern and contracted hours: 5 hours Monday to Friday. (can be flexible dependent on applicant)
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.