Salary: £24,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Basis: 10 per week (flexible to when these are worked and with the additional flexibility that when there are big events the hours can be extended to incorporate essential work to get projects completed).
To hit the ground running picking up two key projects: ‘The Lords Mayors Charity’ (LMC) and the ‘Friends of CAY’. In the next 12-months the position will be responsible for raising between £25k and £30k for CAY via the two projects.
The purpose of the role will include organising CAY’s support for the LMC (until May 2020); manage the Friends of CAY supporters’ scheme and build membership income (Corporate and private individuals); secure funds from local businesses charitable fundraising activities (e.g. Company X Charity of the Year).
- Take part in the regular meetings of the Lord Mayors Charity (LMC) – taking on tasks for the LMC and completing to schedule.
- Manage communications (press, PR, internal and social media) around events run by the LMC and use these communications to sell tickets and publicize the events.
- For a number of selected LMC events, actively take part, either by being part of a team or by setting up and leading a team to effectively lay on a fund raising event.
- Develop existing LMC plans and develop other ideas to maximise income during the year CAY is one of the LMC official charity partners.
- Work as a team with the Lord Mayor and her staff and also with the other nominated charity to jointly plan and deliver fund raising events.
- Use existing internal communications – such as The Bulletin, team meetings and social media to maximise CAY staff, and volunteer participation in LMC fund raising activities and be prepared to be the organiser and point of contact internally at CAY
- Help the CEO and Finance Manager to identify charities that might fund CAY’s activities and in writing other occasional funding bids.
- Manage smaller fund raising projects such as the Annual Raffle.
- Promote the Corporate Friends of CAY and Individual Friends of CAY programmes using the business and professional community networks in York.
- Promote the Friends schemes via local print, broadcast and social media.
- Working with the management team, generate ideas for Friends events. Be prepared to project lead agreed events including setting up a planning process and schedule; manage invitation lists; promotion of the agreed events; and hands on work at the events.
- Update and circulate Friends brochures and other fund raising materials
- Contact existing ‘Friends’ and donors on a regular basis with updated news about our activities so that Friends are aware of what CAY is using their donations for.
- Be prepared to get out into the community: addressing events, visiting clubs and groups (such as Rotary Clubs, WI, church groups, professional networks) to speak about our activities and to promote the Friends schemes.
- Network with major organisations such as York Cares, BID, Chamber of Commerce; Universities and others to promote CAY.
- Work with the Yorkshire Law Society to maximise income as this year’s official charity partner – be prepared to attend, promote and get involved in Law Society activities as necessary.