Organisation: Guide Dogs
Hours: Flexible to suit
What does the role involve?
You will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
• Street collections on ‘flag’ days
• Help on stalls at local events
• Take Collection Boxes to local businesses
• Attending local events organised by Branches or Community Fundraiser and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
• Count donations
• Fundraisers are usually members of the local fundraising group
Location: Local, often outdoors. All areas including Selby, York and Goole
What skills or experience are required?
• Good communication skills
• Working as part of a team
What will I get out of it?
• A chance to chat with members of the public about Guide Dogs
• Have fun and a sense of satisfaction taking part in fundraising events and collections
• Providing support to Guide Dogs to enable it to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that increase the independence and dignity of blind and partially-sighted people
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
• Fundraisers have the chance to get more involved in organising activities by joining their local committee
Deadline for application: Ongoing