Hours: 10 hours per week over 45 weeks on a self-employed basis
Salary: £18.00 per hour
Base: Kyra Women’s Project – York
Responsible to: CEO
Accountable to: Chair of Trustees
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 20th
March Interview date: Wednesday 1st April 2020
The Kyra Women’s Project is the only independent charity in York which is dedicated to women’s self-development. It is run by women for women. The charity brings together women who are isolated, emotionally vulnerable, or who are looking for help to improve their wellbeing.
Supporting Women In Rural Locations (SWIRL) is a new one-year intervention project supporting isolated, at-risk women living in rural areas close to York. The worker will engage with some of the hardest to reach women surrounding York, helping them access Kyra’s services. We know these women are left out, almost abandoned, as they face multiple barriers to accessing help for DA, loneliness, mental health problems, etc. The role is to create a network of Kyra Ambassadors’ who live rurally and are embedded in the local community. You will work in partnership with the rural community and voluntary sectors using sensitivity, tact and discretion and respecting confidentiality to promote Kyra and its services with a view to reaching women who might need us but are experiencing barriers in asking for help.
The worker will demonstrate:
- Empathy, an ability to understand, listen and where appropriate respond to the needs of a woman
- Reliability and discretion: you will often learn of confidential matters and be required to treat these sensitively, but in accordance with Kyra’s safeguarding policy
- Adaptability, this is a new project will require close liaison and consultation with Kyra during roll-out
- Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Organisational skills
- IT skills
- Problem solving skills
- Leadership and the ability to ‘make things happen’
- Ideas as to how to target under-represented women from rural areas to encourage involvement and participation.
- An ability to take on a promotional role, able to represent Kyra and publicise its work, and develop promotional material
- Responsiveness to invitations to engage with groups