Door 84 are recruiting Trustees!
Door 84 are a highly respected youth and community charity based at our own premises on Lowther Street in York. We have a dedicated team of staff and volunteers who are supported by the Trustees who lead and guide the organisation.
We provide a range of services to the local community including;
• weekly open access and specialist sessions for young people aged 8 – 25. mentoring and other support to help with issues such as bereavement.
• A twice-weekly group called ‘Community Sparks’ which includes an Inclusive Disco and activity sessions for adults with additional needs.
• Community support such as our Community Food Project.
• Office rental and room hire for voluntary groups and others needing a local base.
We have ambitious plans which include growing the support we can offer to our young people, developing our premises and new projects such as a community café. We need some additional trustees with particular skills and experience to complement our existing Trustees, including;
• experience of children and young people, for example through being a parent or carer, working or volunteering with the community, or attending and being involved in an organisation like ours
• a Treasurer with a head for figures who is comfortable with presenting financial information to others
• running and managing buildings (preferably old ones like ours that need lots of TLC on a budget!)
• social media and marketing
• using IT to make us more effective
• business planning and fundraising
We are looking for people with a passion for and commitment to the community and to helping young people make the most of their lives. Equally we hope you have a sense of humour because one of our core Values is FUN!
A Trustee Information Pack and details of how to apply can be found here https://door84.org.uk/news/door-84-is-recruiting-for-new-trustees/